Friday, November 19, 2010

The trials of a soccer wannabe

So I am officially out for the soccer indoor season. I have torn my fascia...I think that's how it's spelled. So I was at practice one night and felt something pop. Not a good thing when it takes you down to the ground. Went to the podiatrist and he confirmed that I have torn the fascia in my left foot. I've tried to cortisone shots, no luck. So my next step was laser therapy. I am on my 6th treatment and I can feel an improvement. My foot is still tight and sore, but I can feel the change in pain level. I am hoping to start running again very soon. But the girls at the laser clinic have advised to not run outside! Imagine, that I'd have to be told that. For me, running outside would end with me under a bus..and that would be in good weather! So I've been taking it easy and swimming instead.

I wear this awesome swim cap to protect my beautiful locks, and I have to admit that I do look a bit like a penis. But if it protects my hair, so be it!

I have been alternating between swimming and a bit of gym and the efforts have resulted in losing the 5 pounds I gained after the tear. I know it doesn't seem like much, but I was down 5 pounds and it felt great. So I am back where I was before the tear, a little more sore, but all that more determined to take control of my body. Or, you know, let my body think I have! I like to think I can trick my body when it's not looking!

After all this I have decided that I love to run, but I have other options as well. And I realized that I do need to watch what I eat if I can't sweat the weight away. Who knew?

Hopefully I'll be back in good form by the time outdoor season rolls around. I was hoping to get on the field this season, but I guess I should heal up and then start again. I did get to warm up my daughter's goalie the other day, so I did get to be one the field once, I'm going to count that! I'll just keep my head up, my foot on ice and I'll be ok!

No comments:

Post a Comment